Orion High School Assistance Program for Rockport-Fulton
Orion High School is providing relief for families affected by Hurricane Harvey, and attending school in Aransas County ISD, specifically in Rockport-Fulton. For those who are not familiar with Orion High School, here is some initial information:
- Orion High School is a digital school (that means it is 100% online).
- Orion High School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School (SACS)
- Orion High School, because of it's SACS accreditation, is authorized and accredited by the Texas Private Schools Accreditation Commission.
- Orion High School's headquarters is in Midland, TX
- Orion High School's students (we call them learners) reside not just in Texas, but all over the USA, and around the world
- Orion High School's graduation requirements are 26 credits (a few more credits than the Texas Foundation School Program)
- Orion High School's credits transfer back to your home campus because Orion High School is a member of the Texas Records Exchange. That means that when learners complete their coursework, and their home campus has been re-opened, we will transfer their credits back using the Texas Records Exchange.
- Orion High School does not operate on a traditional schedule.
- Orion's learners take a maximum of two courses at once.
- Courses are two months long, and that's why learners may only take a maximum of two during the two month term. The only time learners take one is when they first start.
Orion High School will do the following for learners affected, and who were enrolled in school at Aransas County:
- Learners will fill out and submit the Admissions Application.
- Learners will create a user account at Orion High School.
- Learners will participate in an online Orientation Session, once they have been admitted.
- Learners will take one class at a time; finish it; and then start another class.
- Learners must provide their own computer and Internet Access
- Orion High School will provide the courses, teachers, advising, and other support structures
- Learners will begin immediately after completing Orientation.
Once the home campus has re-opened, learners may then withdraw from Orion High School, and transfer back to the home campus. Learners who wish to stay after the home campus has re-opened, may do so, but must begin to pay monthly tuition (315.00) per month.
Questions that have not been answered above, please call Dr. Gallegos at 432-219-6166, Extension 101.