Our Mission, Vision, and Core Beliefs
Orion High School was conceptualized by teachers who foresee the value of online learning for students of all ages. Orion exists to meet the needs of our customers by providing the highest quality digital learning. Our goal is to provide the best high school program in the country, regardless of whether that program is “brick and mortar” or online.
As the premier online high school in the country, we are helping students achieve their goals of high school graduation and beyond by producing students who are high performers no matter what they choose to do in life.
Empowering Learning. Renewing Hope.
As a simple slogan and vision, these four words espouse the founder's vision of empowering individuals to take charge of their own learning, while renewing hope in the promise of education. Simple, but powerful.
Our Core Beliefs
- Orion believes that all learners, regardless of their past history with education, deserve a high quality, flexible way to learn content in a rich, supportive, online environment.
- Orion believes that learning is active and not passive. That online content can be rigorous and challenging, but can help learners exceed their own expectations for learning.
- Orion believes that content is not departmental - content must be integrated to be meaningful - to provide meaningful learning for learners.
- Orion believes that improvement is continuous and that Orion's existence is critical for learners who need to be challenged and need to be provided with the support necessary to be part of a high performing world outside of Orion.
Our Foundational Beliefs and Statement of Faith
No beliefs, mission, or vision, can be brought forth to fruition without our firm standing about why we do what we do.
- We believe that God calls us to His ministry. (Heb. 5:4)
- We believe that God has given each of us the responsibility of training up the youth of today. (Deut. 6:6-9)
- We believe that there is one head of the Church and our ministry, Jesus Christ. (Eph. 1:22)
- We believe that without the power of the Holy Spirit in us we can do nothing to glorify God. (Acts 1:8 & 4:6)
- We believe that love is the greatest gift that the Spirit can give us and only through God’s love and grace to us can w esucceed. (Heb 13:9)
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the Word of God and that we are to study and follow them. (I Tim. 4:13)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is central to all that we do in our lives and ministry. (2 Cor. 4:5)
- We believe in the rapture of the Church who will again come in glory at Jesus’ return. (Titus 2:13)
- We believe that this ministry was conceived by the Spirit of God and will only last if we follow Him and not our own desires. (2 3:5-6)
- We believe that without the love of God dwelling in us that we can do no good thing. (John 13:35)
- We believe that as followers of our Lord Jesus we should also strive to be the best that we can in the field of education and training. (2 Tim 2:15)
- We believe that God will bless this ministry if it is in His will and without His guidance and blessing it will cease to exist. (Heb. 11:6)